Saturday, March 17, 2007

Five Questions

Via Belledame...

Here's the scoop:
Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."I respond by asking you five personal questions so I can get to know you better. If I already know you well, expect the questions may be a little more intimate!You WILL update your journal/bloggy thing/whatever with the answers to the questions.You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the post.When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Here are Belle's questions for yours truly:

1) If you weren't "Tonks," which literary character would you name yourself after?
Hmm...there are many but I think I'm going to go with Ibsen. I identify with his characters Nora (going from my father's house to my husband's, so to speak) and Hedda (her self destructiveness).


Other contenders: Darcy (I like to think I'm a bit like Elizabeth) and Anne for Anne of Green Gables. My very favorite book in the world.

2) How did you meet AWB?
A White Bear and I met about 15-years ago in middle school French class. She says I called her a bitch and it changed her life. We didn't like each other much back then. We were thrown together again in our high school theatre department and she quickly became one of my favorite people. Now she is JP and SG's favorite "aunt" and I practically count the days between her biannual visits.

3) What's the most beautiful language in the world?
I love French. It's smooth, lovely and even makes fights sound elegant.

4) Did you want brothers and sisters as a kid?
Yes. Being an only child sucks. I would go through catalogues and mark the babies, begging my mother for a brother or sister. In an ideal world I would've had an older brother and younger sister. The older I get the more I wish I had a sibling. It's hard to be an only child (married to a fellow only child) when your parents begin to age.

5) What's a typical day's menu look like at your place?
Breakfast: Carnation Instant Breakfast (chocolate) for everyone.


Lunch: Turkey dogs for me and the kids or (and this has been happening a lot lately) the kids opt for ham and turkey roll-ups* and I drink Carnation Instant Breakfast.

Dinner: Just about anything goes. I cook with red meat about once a year (if that) so there is a lot of chicken and turkey (ground, sausage, etc.) eaten at our house. I make really good ribs, baked beans and cheesy corn. My mac and cheese doesn't come from a box. I've successfully transitioned to whole grain pastas but still don't love brown rice. I prefer fresh veggies but will use frozen. I avoid canned unless I'm using corn or beets.

Snacks: Fruit, yogurt, crackers, I love pretzel chips, the kids love fruit snacks. Ooh, a yummy snack tip: popcorn, lightly sprayed with Smart Balance Buttery Burst Spray and sprinkled with Penzey's Taco Seasoning. Yum.

*Deli sliced turkey and ham wrapped around a stick of string cheese. JP refers to this as a "harvest lunch." I don't know why...

Anyone else want to play?