Wednesday, March 7, 2007

News dispute

Mr. Tonks and I are at an impasse.

He has a habit of channel surfing during the 10 o'clock news*. He buzzes back and forth between the four stations which often means I get to watch the same story- three or four times.

This annoys me to no end.

When asked why he does this, Mr. Tonks says, "I didn't think you were paying attention."

In my humble opinion, that response is dumb and makes no sense. Yes, I'm blogging while the news is on but I can pay attention to two things** at once.

I just want to watch/ listen to the news, all the news, not the same news story 4-times in a five minute period. Is that too much to ask?

*The ten o'clock news is usually the only news I get to watch.

**This should come as no surprise. My time is generally spent watching Thing 1 (JP) and Thing 2 (SG) all day, every day. Except of course, when I'm not watching them and they make each other scream.