Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Narf

Apologies for the title of the post. Every time I think of what's whirling around my brain that's the first "word" that comes to mind.

Ever since I had SG (not quite 27-months ago) I've been off hormonally- mood swings, tiredness, general emotional funkiness. It's hard to explain. When she was around six-months old (after a particularly disproportionate breakdown at the doctor's office) I was put on Zoloft for postpartum depression. It helped a lot and I figured that by the time I weaned SG, I'd be ready to wean myself from the medicine.

Not so much.

Fast forward to today. When I had the miscarriage in December everything, and I mean everything, got all kinds of nutty. I gained weight that is just now starting to come off. I started lactating again which has only recently (as in the last week) started to calm down*. My cycle went ballistic. My body went haywire but I'm starting to get back to normal- almost. The things that aren't abating are my moodiness right before my period and my exhaustion level.

A friend suggested that I have my estrogen and progesterone levels tested. I'm wondering, though, if anyone else has dealt with a similar situation and, if so, what did you do? Our insurance sucks so I'm hesitant to do anything that's going to result in serious bills (especially since we just got out of debt) but I'm really sick and tired of being moody and tired.

See what I mean?

Narf.

*Anytime SG started to cry (real crying, not a tantrum) I would have a let-down. Nothing huge or noticeable to anyone but me, just a little leakage and it drove me crazy!