Thursday, May 10, 2007

Variety

Lots of stuff on my mind and not a heck of a lot of time to devote to several posts so here's a jumble of my thoughts:

Mrs. Lucas
I received word today that one of my very favorite high school teachers died yesterday morning. This is bewildering beyond words (she should've outlived us all) and I find myself monumentally saddened by the loss. She was a fantastic honors English teacher (I compared every professor to her and only one met the Mrs. Lucas Standard), a strong woman and just a really wonderful person.

My children
...are driving me up the wall. Summer will officially start at our house on Tuesday and I'm just not ready for it. If JP and SG don't kill each other before September it will be no small miracle.

Emergency room visits?
It's also no small miracle that we haven't been frequenting the hospital. JP bashed his chin with a drawer and is sporting a goatee looking scab. SG did a face plant into the sidewalk and damn near broke her nose. Yesterday JP tried to surf on his firetruck and split his leg open when he fell (smallish cuts, minor bruising) then SG tripped and fell over the same firetruck about two-minutes after I got him calm. I have an unsettling feeling that one of my little monkeys is going to need an ER visit and it's going to be for something ugly.

The Royals
No, not the Queen. We went to a KC Royals game on Tuesday night and saw, firsthand (11 rows from the 3rd base line), just how much they suck. Come on, guys! We're trying to believe!

Things that are lost that I'd really like to find
1) The battery charger for our camera.
2) The battery for our old camera (I can find the charger).
3) My favorite ring (small gold band with tiny but exquisite diamonds).

Zoie
My dog is still far too furry and far too smelly.

Barack Obama
The rally is two-days away. I might wet my pants I'm so excited.

Weight
I've started losing weight finally. It feels good. I'm guessing I only have a few more pounds to go to get where I was this time last year. That may take a few more weeks as I'm shoveling a lime custard sundae down my throat while I type.

A third?
A friend wants to buy our crib mattress but I'm reluctant to make the deal. The debate rages in my head: do I want another baby*?

Sleep

I need to get some.

*Mr. Tonks, I'm fairly certain, would say he's 90% sure he doesn't want another child. I'm on the fence.