Thursday, January 11, 2007

Bored games

Between bath time and teeth brushing time chaos reigns supreme. There's streaking and shrieking and lots of running.

Tonight I decided to stage a preemptive strike on the madness and encourage them to play board games with me.

I broke out a new game- you probably played it as a child (I did not). Chutes and Ladders.

What a ridiculously long game! JP loved it, of course, and was thrilled every time he landed on a chute (which was a lot) or ladder. After 10-minutes of never making it off of the first half of the board, I started to cheat. I'd nudge the spinner to avoid a number requiring us to land on a chute or skip a space so he would land on a ladder (thus getting us closer to the end of the game). In spite of my cheating it still took another 15-minutes to finish. JP won. As karma would have it, I kept landing on the damn chutes.

Tomorrow night we're playing Cariboo. We all like that game.