Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Oh to zone out

My mind goes constantly. In a million different directions at all time of the day and night. It doesn't matter what I'm doing and it seems to be worse the older I (and the kids) get.

I think about what we got SG for her second birthday and the paper I want to use to wrap it. What tasks I've yet to accomplish and what I might actually be able to get done. I ponder what I want to do when my baby starts preschool. Do I want to go back to school? Get a job? Dare I venture into the world of theatre again? I ponder all the things that JP has done during the day that made me laugh. My moments of being a piss poor mother and wishing I could take them back. The times when I've been an awesome mom inspire me to create more moments to relish. I have trouble falling asleep at night because I'm mentally composing a submission to Newsweek and keep asking myself if I really, really want to reveal a part of my life to millions of readers. Money issues abound, as I think they do with everyone. My mind races around all the projects I want to do to our house- which is really quite perfect as it is (except for the lack of garage). Is SG for the children's day out program next year? Where is JP's rocket lunch box? The list goes on and on and on all day.

I've always been like this but lately it's getting intrusive. It's not as though I think I have adult ADD or anything like that but, damn! I just wish I could turn down my own thoughts for five minutes. To my handful of readers: any thoughts?