Thursday, February 22, 2007

Assorted thoughts

Birthday Blues update

Yesterday SG turned 2 and I actually managed to NOT cry once. I got teary eyed (while sitting on her bed and staring at her for about 10-minutes) as she slept but I didn't dissolve into a ball of sadness.

Yesterday was a good day
Krispy Kreme for SG's birthday breakfast. Played at a park for 3-hours. Yummy birthday dinner for SG made by my mom. A horrendously ugly cake made by yours truly that tasted really good. Oh, and we scored a brand new water heater for a mere $80! Hooray for the home owners' warranty! It was installed today so tonight I get to take an honest-to-God hot shower for more than 3-minutes. :)

Maybe February isn't too bad
...because the weather has rocked this week. It's been in the 50's and 60's all week and we have spent as much time as humanly possible OUTSIDE! If the weather takes a turn for the colder (which it will) I will go back to maintaining that February sucks.

I like working out
I do. It's fun, especially when my friend/ neighbor goes with me and we laugh about leaving our husbands with the children. While we're getting our butts kicked in a body sculpting class, they're getting their butts kicked by kids who would really rather not sleep. Plus, I'm losing all the weight I've gained over the last few months and getting toned. Sweet!

My neighborhood
It's just flat out awesome. Love it. Love living here*. Love my house. Love my neighbors. Hooray for my neighborhood!

My dog is gross
She is. She's seriously overweight (at nearly 10 lbs. she weighs about 4 lbs. more than she should). She makes these horrible noises, sounds that should be coming out of old men with emphysema and she has a funky goiter on her side. I love her, though. Nasty sounds and all. That's her in the picture.

My in-laws are moving here
Quite frankly I'm not sure how I feel about that. Right now they're over an hour away. My mother-in-law has "expectations" that she never asserts and we usually fail to meet. They're being so close in proximity will either be good or really, really bad.

I'm done!
Remember that hot shower I talked about? I'm going to go take it as soon as Grey's is over.


*We just moved here about 5-months ago.