Friday, February 2, 2007

This just sucks

Right before Christmas I had to have two root canals. One on a Monday; the other on a Wednesday. The mind-blowing pain associated with the Monday one is something I'll never forget. Two words: liquid lightning. That's the only way I can describe it.

Do you know what sucks more than the pain?

The bill. One thousand dollars. Per tooth. Our insurance has a cap of $1,000 per year so we we're stuck with a nearly $1,100 dollar invoice that sweetly arrived a few days after Christmas.

Each root canal takes approximately seven-minutes from the time the endodontist starts drilling until he's finished. That's around $8,000 per hour. Just food for thought.

When I opened the bill I immediately thought of all the things I would rather go in debt for other than the root canals: the Mac PowerBook that causes me to drool just a little. Nifty new furniture from this store. A weekend away to someplace warm and quiet sans JP and SG. LipoDissolve*. At least 10 new pairs of shoes. The list goes on and on. I don't like going into debt but, dammit, when I do I want to have something to show for it!

Today I had to go back for a second root canal on the bottom (Monday) tooth. The infection was coming back with a vengeance. I'm hoping we don't get charged- as if the endodontist has some sort of all inclusive package per tooth. Seriously, if we now have to dish out over $2,000 to this guy I'm going to be really upset.

*sigh*

This just sucks.


*I really, really want LipoDissolve. Two pregnancies have not been kind to my bum and thighs and LipoDissolve seems like a brilliant solution.